The 2017 Cadillac ATS is a compact luxury sport sedan offered with rear- or all-wheel drive and is available in four trim levels:
- Premium Luxury
- Premium Performance
Coupe is reviewed separately, as is the high-performance ATS-V.
- heated mirrors
- Standard features on the base ATS include 17-inch alloy wheels
- keyless ignition and entry
- a rearview camera
- a driver information screen
- dual-zone automatic climate control
- leatherette (premium vinyl) upholstery and a leather-wrapped tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- six-way power front seats with power lumbar
- On the technology front,the ATS has the CUE infotainment system with voice controls
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone app functionality
- an 8-inch touchscreen,OnStar (with 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability)
- Bluetooth connectivity,and a 10-speaker Bose audio system with satellite radio
- three USB ports and an auxiliary audio jack.
The Luxury trim adds navigation,
- leather seating surfaces with 10-way power seats
- memory for seats and mirrors
- parking sensors
- auto-dimming mirrors
- heated front seats
- a heated steering wheel
- remote start (not available with manual transmission)
- a 110-volt power outlet and a split-folding backseat with a pass-through
Premium Luxury adds adaptive xenon headlights with automatic high beams
- LED running lights
- a sunroof
- automatic wipers
- collision alert
- blind-spot warning
- lane departure prevention
rear cross-traffic alert
steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles and heated 12-way driver/10-way passenger power sport seats
Premium Performance (rear-wheel drive only) includes all of the features of Premium Luxury
- plus Magnetic Ride Control adaptive dampers
revised suspension tuning
an increased-capacity engine cooling system
a limited-slip differential
a power tilt-and-telescope steering wheel and a head-up display.
Premium Luxury and Premium Performance trim levels are available only with the 3.6-liter V6 and the eight-speed automatic transmission.
Many of the upper trims' standard features are optional on the lower trims. Several option packages are available. The Driver Assist package (available on Premium Luxury and Premium Performance only) adds the head-up display and adaptive cruise control plus advanced safety features (see Safety section below). An Advanced Security Package adds an alarm and a locking fuel filler door. A new Carbon Black Package adds Recaro performance seats, a blacked-out grille, a rear spoiler, special exterior and interior trim, and unique dark-finish 18-inch wheels.
Available only on Premium Performance models, the Track Performance package adds a heavy-duty cooling fan and upgraded brake pads. All rear-wheel-drive models can be ordered with a V-Sport Performance Suspension Upgrade package, which adds a sport-tuned suspension plus 18-inch wheels and summer tires.
- Plenty of performance enhances the car's fun-to-drive character
- Available manual transmission, which is a rarity in this class.
- Goes around turns with poise and confidence
- Small backseat and trunk
- Cadillac User Experience (CUE) interface can be frustrating
- The turbocharged four-cylinder engine is relatively noisy and and not overly fuel-efficient.
For 2017 the Cadillac ATS' 2.5-liter engine is no longer available. Cadillac has also revised the ATS' feature availability. Notably, CUE is now standard equipment.